School Law: MCLE BasicsPlus!®
Primer for public school law
This program provides a practical foundation of key education law topics ranging from key statutes and cases to details involving topics such as student records, bullying, and discrimination. A faculty comprised of veteran practitioners identify topics that arise in every educational setting and give you an overview of the legal issues you need to know.
Just a few of the topics you will learn about...
- The key Federal and Massachusetts statutes and cases relating to educational practice and procedure that you must know
- Common ethical issues that arise when representing both children and schools
- Details of the new Massachusetts bullying statute
- Key principles of special education law, including the latest information pertaining to discipline, transition planning, restraint/seclusion, and dispute resolution
- How to locate and understand provisions relating to confidentiality of student records
- What procedures are required in the school disciplinary process regarding suspensions and expulsions-and the impact of special education in disciplinary proceedings
- What Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act require, and the key distinctions between bullying and harassment under those statutes
The "Curriculum" includes...
- An Overview of Important State and Federal Education Statutes, Regulations, and Cases
- An Exploration of Privacy and Confidentiality Problems
- Student Conduct Issues-In Depth
- Special Education-Including Discussion of 2004 IDEA and Section 504
Table of Contents
- $225 MCLE Sponsor Members
- $165 New lawyers admitted to law practice after 2006, pending admittees and law students