Handling Workplace Challenges at Small Companies & Startups
Tools to recognize and address employer and employee-side issues
All employers face workplace challenges, where nearly every employment decision brings with it the risk of employment litigation. It's the cost of doing business, and the price you pay for being an employer. But smaller companies and startups face their own unique problems in the workplace. And oftentimes, employment-law advice is geared more to larger national companies with substantial in-house legal departments. Smaller and newer employers are sometimes left behind.
This brand-new program focuses on the workplace concerns particular to smaller companies and startups. The panel brings together practitioners with more than 60 years of combined experience in representing and advising employers and employees. Whether you represent smaller employers or focus on helping employees who work there, this program gives you the tools to help your clients deal with the complicated legal issues in this area.
Agenda and written materials
- Understanding Which Laws Apply to Which Companies
- Discrimination Claims in Small Companies
- Wage Issues for Startups, Pay Deferral, and Other Compliance Issues
- The Wrath of the Former Employer: Noncompetes and Startups
- The Hostile (But Small) Workplace Environment: Sexual Harassment
- How Big Do You Have to Be to Have Employee Policies and Handbooks?
- Do We Really Need an Employment Lawyer? Can We Afford One?
- "Ask the Experts" Q&A Session
Table of Contents
|On Demand Webcast||$135.00||$121.50|