Massachusetts Gaming Law Update 2012
How developments in Massachusetts' gaming industry will impact your clients and practice
The expansion of gaming in Massachusetts promises to bring with it jobs, economic development, substantial private sector revenues, and tax income for the Commonwealth as well as host cities and neighboring municipalities. The introduction of this new multi-billion dollar industry also will create significant, long-term opportunities for your individual and business clients in a wide array of industries, including construction, tourism, hospitality, entertainment, education, food and beverage, and retail.
Overview from the Massachusetts Gaming Commission
Since its formation, the Massachusetts Gaming Commission has been actively engaged in the process of implementing the new Law, gathering information and public input, and preparing to determine how casino gaming and horse racing will be implemented and regulated in the Commonwealth. Commissioner James F. McHugh provides an overview of the Commission's activities to date, as well as its future objectives and priorities.
Perspectives of Gaming Industry Insiders
Learn firsthand from leading experts and experienced gaming law practitioners about:
- the anticipated economic, fiscal and legal impacts of Massachusetts' newest industry;
- issues commonly faced by local communities in new gaming jurisdictions, along with effective strategies for mitigation;
- industry best practices with respect to licensing; and,
- tips on how to represent clients within the comprehensive gaming regulatory system.
You will learn
- The areas that the Massachusetts Gaming Commission intends to focus upon in upcoming months.
- What Massachusetts can expect from the gaming industry based on the experiences of other jurisdictions.
- The issues facing local communities seeking to negotiate agreements with prospective gaming operators.
- What lawyers should know when representing clients under the new Gaming Law.
Agenda and written materials
- Overview from the Massachusetts Gaming Commission
- Perspectives of Gaming Industry Insiders
- "Ask the Experts" Q&A Session
Table of Contents
- $225 MCLE Sponsor Members
- $165 New lawyers admitted to law practice after 2008, pending admittees and law students
|MP3 Download: Massachusetts Gaming Law Update 2012||$135.00||$121.50|
|Audio CD: Massachusetts Gaming Law Update 2012||$95.00||$95.00|
|On Demand Webcast: Massachusetts Gaming Law Update 2012||$135.00||$121.50|