Probate Litigation Under the New MUPC & the New MUTC
What's new and what's changed
The Massachusetts Uniform Probate Code and the Massachusetts Uniform Trust Code are new and untested. This program features an experienced faculty of probate litigators and estate planners. The panel discusses probate litigation under the MUPC and MUTC—what's new, what's changed and what to watch for in the future. We review in particular the opportunities and challenges presented by informal probate in the context of litigation.
The panel addresses a number of critical fiduciary litigation topics of great interest to practitioners, whether longstanding or new to the field. Our expert faculty guides you through the complexities of probate and equity litigation in the Probate Court and highlights some of the more complex issues faced by practitioners in bringing probate litigation.
You will learn
- Effective representation of fiduciaries in trust matters
- Trying successful will contests and how to address informal vs. formal probate
- Getting accountings allowed
- Addressing and collecting fiduciary fees
- Real estate title
- Addressing creditors' claims
- Non-judicial settlements
- Governing document vs. statute
- "Ask the Experts" Q&A Session
MCLE webcasts are delivered completely online, underscoring their convenience and appeal. There are no published print materials. All written materials are available electonically only. They are posted 24 hours prior to the program and can be accessed, downloaded, or printed from your computer.
Table of Contents
- $225 MCLE Sponsor Members
- $165 New lawyers admitted to law practice after 2008, pending admittees and law students