49th Annual Practical Skills Program 2014: Litigation Practice
Our most popular nuts-and-bolts course for current practitioners is now divided into two tracks-register for one or both!
Choose EITHER Litigation Practice OR Transactional Practice-or BOTH!
Your clients look to you for a wide variety of legal expertise. A business client may be arrested on an OUI charge. An estate planning client may want to incorporate a business. Someone for whom you handled a divorce may ask you to probate their parents estate. Of course, you can refer your client to another specialist.
General practitioners-who have to be "instant experts"-find this program especially helpful in keeping them up to date on the latest tips and shortcuts. Even the experienced lawyer will benefit from learning the basics that are covered in this course.
A rite of passage for new lawyers
Over the last 49 years, MCLE has presented this program to help recent law school graduates "bridge the gap" between the academic world and daily practice. The majority of new lawyers attend this program within the first two years after being admitted to the Bar, and the remainder usually come to the course at some time in their legal careers. If you are a recent graduate-with more basic questions than you care to admit-you'll find yourself with others in the same situation and, most importantly, with the experts who can give you the answers you need. Everyone knows it can be embarrassing to ask "simple" questions; on the other hand, keeping silent when you really need to know what to do can be disastrous. At MCLEs Practical Skills Program, enjoy access to our experienced faculty members-all together and under one roof.
About the Massachusetts Basic Practice Manual
Register for one or both tracks of the MCLE Practical Skills Program and receive an added bonus. The program material you receive with your registration is the Massachusetts Basic Practice Manual.
- 1,236 pages in a comprehensive 2-volume set covering 13 areas of practice spanning the topics of both tracks
- CD with 300 exhibits (forms, checklists, and other useful resources), including nearly 200 forms from MCLE's Massachusetts Basic Forms
- Looseleaf format for interfiled supplements
MCLEs Massachusetts Basic Practice Manual gives you immediate access to your own instant law library in the most important areas of solo and small firm practice-over 1,200 pages of substantive law and practice guidance.
Track One/One Day : Litigation Practice
Trying your first case in District Court
- Mark W. Murphy, Esq. Law Offices of Mark W. Murphy, Esq., Southborough
2Successfully defending OUI cases
- Steven J. Topazio, Esq. Boston
- Linda A. Ouellette, Esq. Cataldo Law Offices LLC, Franklin
- Susan I. Grossberg, Esq. Grossberg Law Offices, Boston
Residential landlord-tenant practice
- James M. McCreight, Esq. Greater Boston Legal Services, Boston
MCLE webcasts are delivered completely online, underscoring their convenience and appeal. There are no published print materials. All written materials are available electonically only. They are posted 24 hours prior to the program and can be accessed, downloaded, or printed from your computer.
Table of Contents
- $125 MCLE Sponsor Members
- $95 New lawyers admitted to law practice after 2009, pending admittees and law students