Note: All full time staff are currently working remotely and will return MCLE's downtown Boston offices once it is deemed safe to do so by our Board of Trustees. All staff must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 and will be requried to wear a face mask when not at their work station.
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Executive Administrative Assistant
The Executive Administrative Assistant functions as a general administrative assistant to both the Executive Director and the Director of Special Projects & Philanthropy.
- Traffic telephone, mail, fax, and email inquires to the Executive Director's office
Transcribe and draft correspondence
- Schedule and set up meetings of Core Management Group, Staff Attorneys, Board of Trustees, and Board Committees, etc.
- Maintain all information related to Board of Trustees and Board Committees, including member rosters, corporate minutes, and correspondence
- Maintain Executive Director's calendar, schedule, and filing system; hard copy and electronic
- Support Executive Director in the preparation of reports and budgets
- Function as Executive Assistant to Director of Special Projects & Philanthropy
- Support Director of Special Projects & Philanthropy in the preparation and maintenance of philanthropy-related reports, processing of pledges and scholarships, and the execution of campaigns and special projects as needed.
- Assist in administrative duties for other managers/staff as needed
- Energetic, hardworking, cooperative, flexible, self-starter with follow-through
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent administrative skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel
- College graduate
Compensation and Benefits:
- Non-exempt hourly position
- Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:30 am–5:00 pm (or other agreed upon schedule between 7:30 am and 6:00 pm) with a 1-hour lunch break; 37.5 hour work week; annual salary review
- 13 paid holidays
- 9 sick/personal days accrued per year
- Vacation: years 1 and 2: 10 days accrued per year; years 3 and 4: 15 days accrued per year; years 5+: 20 days accrued per year
- Employer retirement contribution: 7.5% of annual salary, vesting on second anniversary
401k employee contribution: eligible on first year anniversary
- 75% of individual medical insurance premium; equal dollar amount applied towards family coverage (HMO Blue)
- 50% of individual dental insurance premium; equal dollar amount applied towards family coverage (Dental Blue Preventative)
- Long and short-term disability insurance and life insurance
- Educational benefits: $500 per semester with prior approval, up to $1,000 per year
- Smoke-free environment
- MCLE is an equal opportunity employer
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Freelance Legal Researcher/Writer/Attorney
Attorneys sought for part-time freelance assignments requiring cite checking and other legal research in a variety of practice areas. Position requires excellent legal research and writing skills, knowledge of Bluebook citation style, and access to electronic legal research databases (contractor does not provide access or pay expenses). Law practice experience preferred. Each project has a one-week to one-month turnaround, depending on the job. New projects may be assigned throughout the year.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org