Massachusetts Criminal Law Sourcebook & Citator 2021
The law you need in one source
- Product Number: 2210240B31
- Publication Date: 12/2/2020
- Edition: 2021 Edition
- Copyright: © 2020 MCLE, Inc.
Add to Favorites List
A wide body of frequently-needed information organized into one resource. Both prosecutors and defense attorneys will find this popular publication saves valuable time when preparing for a trial or when looking for a quick reference. Enjoy easy access to key elements of particular crimes; what the Commonwealth needs to prove to support its case; distinctions between related crimes; the lesser included offense in a given crime; available defenses; procedural requirements; key evidentiary issues; penalties for particular crimes; and sentencing options.
Update: November 2020
Thank you for subscribing to annual updates to the Massachusetts Criminal Law Sourcebook & Citator . This 2021 revised edition brings together statutes, rules, commentary, and annotations for your fast and efficient reference. The following are just a few of the many updates in the new edition:
- Part 1, "Selected Statutes," and Part 2, "Crimes, Punishments, and Proceedings in Criminal Cases," contain statutory revisions addressing significant changes to the Commonwealth's criminal laws since the last edition.
- Part 2 also features updated commentary on search and seizure law—including notes on automatic license plate readers, GPS monitoring, and pole camera surveillance.
- Part 3, "Massachusetts Rules of Criminal Procedure," addresses changes to Rules 12 and 19 that became effective on September 1, 2020.
Part 4, "Rules of the Superior Court," includes changes to
- Rule 61A regarding motions for post-conviction relief,
- Rule 63 regarding court reporters in grand jury proceedings, and
- Rule 64 regarding appellate division procedure and forms.
- Part 11, "Alphabetical References to Evidence," includes new entries on sexual orientation and protocol for show-ups.
- Notes on new cases decided by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court and Appeals Court since the last edition are included throughout.
We at MCLE trust that you will find this new material useful in your practice and in your criminal law library.
Alexis J. LeBlanc, Esq., MCLE Publications Attorney
- Update: November 2020
Table of Contents
Table of Contentsexpand allPart 1 expand
Selected StatutesBuy ChapterPart 2 expand
Crimes, Punishments, and Proceedings in Criminal CasesBuy ChapterPart 3 expand
Massachusetts Rules of Criminal ProcedureBuy ChapterPart 4 expand
Rules of the Superior CourtBuy ChapterPart 5 expand
District/Municipal Court Rules of Criminal ProcedureBuy ChapterPart 6 expand
Massachusetts Rules of Appellate Procedure and Selected Appeals Court RulesBuy ChapterPart 7 expand
District/Municipal Courts Rules for Probation Violation ProceedingsBuy ChapterPart 8 expand
Probation and Probation Revocation HearingsBuy ChapterPart 9 expand
Elements and Penalties of Selected CrimesBuy ChapterPart 10 expand
Schedule of Assessments for Civil Motor Vehicle InfractionsBuy ChapterPart 11 expand
Alphabetical References to EvidenceBuy Chapter
- Editors & Authors