A Practical Guide to Estate Planning in Massachusetts
Planning strategies—backed by a knowledge of the law
A Practical Guide to Estate Planning in Massachusetts, is the definitive manual for estate planning and the leading publication in MCLE's estate planning and administration practice library. Addressing the most frequently encountered planning issues and providing practical answers, this comprehensive guide takes the practitioner from the initial steps in handling an estate planning matter through post-mortem estate planning opportunities and strategies. Authoritative and practical chapters, example scenarios, sample clauses and documents, and new topics make this book a truly indispensable "practical guide."
Update: August 2017
Thank you for keeping your copy of A Practical Guide to Estate Planning in Massachusetts current with this 2017 edition.
Inside, you will find hundreds of new tips, analyses, and developments , including the following:
- Lifetime gifts—Updated tips on designing an overall estate plan, with figures for 2015, are found in Chapter 1.
- Grantor's power to remove a trustee. See chapter 5 for practice tips regarding the general power to appoint trust property. The chapter also adds discussion on the topic of indirect skips.
- Pease limitation on itemized deductions. See chapter 6 for a practical note regarding Pease limitations.
- Income tax consequences of exchange of life policies. See chapter 7 for a treatment of practical consequences of recent trends impacting whole life, term life, and universal policies.
- Health care proxies. See chapter 8 for a checklist on preparing health insurance proxies.
- Prenuptial matters. See chapter 12 for a new checklist on drafting a prenuptial agreement in the context of estate planning.
We hope that this material will be useful in your practice and valuable in keeping your estate planning law library current.
Maryanne G. Jensen, Esq., MCLE Director of Publications
Table of Contentsexpand all | collapse all
|Nonmembers||Sponsor Members||New Lawyers|
|Print Book (printed book)|
|eBook (PDF, MOBI, or EPUB)|
|eArticle (purchased individually)||$28.00||$25.00||$18.75|
|eForm (purchased individually)||$18.00||$15.00||$13.50|
|Online Library (view online)||With MCLE OnlinePassTM subscription only|
With MCLE's supplementation service, new supplements and revisions are mailed automatically with an invoice. If you do not want to subscribe, please check the opt out option during checkout