Massachusetts Personal Injury Law Sourcebook & Citator
One-stop authority for your PI practice
- Product Number: 1970310EBK
- Publication Date: 9/26/2022
- Edition: 2022 Edition
- Copyright: © 2022 MCLE, Inc.
Add to Favorites List
MCLE's Massachusetts Personal Injury Law Sourcebook & Citator organizes a wide body of frequently needed information into a handy resource. This single softbound volume holds an extensive digest of personal injury cases along with annotated statutory provisions, procedural rules, selected CMR provisions, medical information, and other general reference materials. Purchasers of the print edition may download the book's entire contents for enhanced search capability and access.
Update: September 2022
Thank you for updating your reference library with the 2022 edition of the Massachusetts Personal Injury Law Sourcebook & Citator . This updated product—which may be downloaded for enhanced search capability and access—brings the latest in personal injury law within your immediate reach.
Highlights from the many developments reflected in this edition include
numerous amendments to court rules and orders, including
- amendments to the Local Rules of the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts and the issuance of a standing order on highly sensitive documents;
- numerous revisions to the Massachusetts Rules of Civil Procedure, with particularly extensive changes to the deposition provisions in Rule 30; and
- important changes to the Massachusetts Rules of Professional Conduct, addressing topics such as confidentiality; financial assistance to clients; sexual relations with clients; retention of client files; fairness to opposing parties, counsel, and third parties; and solicitation of clients and communications about legal services;
- updates to the Massachusetts General Laws and incorporation of additional case annotations;
- newly inserted annotations relating to statutes of limitations and statutes of repose; and
- twenty-nine new entries in the book's case digest, addressing, among other topics, the scope of charitable immunity, the "benevolent gestures" statute, neuropsychologist examinations under Mass. R. Civ. P. 35(a), application of the "per person" limit in automobile insurance policies, claims under the Massachusetts Tort Claims Act, medical professionals' duties to minor patients, and claims for negligent dispensation of prescription medicine.
The 2022 edition also updates a number of other useful practice resources, including a schedule of holidays and observances through 2024 and selected statistical data.
Thank you for your continued support, as we at MCLE strive to bring you the latest solutions to the issues you face in your practice.
Very truly yours,
John M. Lawlor, Esq., MCLE Publications Attorney
- numerous amendments to court rules and orders, including
- Update: September 2022
Table of Contents
Table of Contentsexpand allPart 1 expand
Massachusetts Court Rules and GuidelinesBuy ChapterPart 2 expand
General Reference MaterialsBuy ChapterPart 3 expand
Massachusetts StatutesBuy ChapterPart 4 expand
Code of Massachusetts RegulationsBuy ChapterPart 5 expand
Federal Regulations and StatutesBuy ChapterPart 6 expand
Overview of Massachusetts Notice Requirements, Statutes of Limitations, and Statutes of ReposeBuy ChapterPart 7 expand
Massachusetts Case LawBuy ChapterPart 8 expand
Medical Diagrams and GlossariesBuy ChapterPart 9 expand
- Editors & Authors