Massachusetts Employment Law Sourcebook & Citator
A one-stop resource for employment practice
- Product Number: 2020279EBK
- Publication Date: 11/20/2023
- Edition: 2024 Edition
- Copyright: © 2023 MCLE, Inc.
Add to Favorites List
The Employment Law Sourcebook & Citator combines two outstanding practice resources: a sourcebook collecting the latest in practice area reference materials—statutes, regulations, and administrative guidelines—and a citator abstracting and analyzing recent decisions of the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD). This comprehensive and portable resource is an essential companion for employment lawyers.
Update: November 2023
Thank you for updating your reference library with the 2024 Edition of the Massachusetts Employment Law Sourcebook & Citator. This updated product brings the latest in employment law and procedure within your immediate reach, for fast answers to the questions that arise most frequently in your practice.
Highlights from this year's sourcebook updates include
- amendments to G.L. c. 136, §§ 6, 13, 16, and G.L. c. 151, §§ 1, 7 (incremental updates to minimum wage rates and related changes to provisions on Sunday and holiday employment);
- a 2023 U.S. Supreme Court opinion on religious accommodation claims under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964;
- changes to the weekly benefit provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act and amendments to FMLA-related regulations on the maintenance of health insurance;
- a 2023 Supreme Judicial Court decision on the "cat's paw" theory of liability and the "stray remarks" doctrine in employment discrimination cases;
- newly added U.S. Code provisions on breastfeeding accommodations in the workplace and on arbitration proceedings involving sexual assault and sexual harassment; and
- amendments to federal provisions on employee benefit plans and the employment rights of members of the uniformed services.
New materials for the MCAD citator include nine abstracts of MCAD decisions from 2022 and 2023, along with expert commentary and overviews of the year's developments from both employee and management-side perspectives. Among the topics addressed in these decisions are sexual harassment, race discrimination, retaliation, gender and age discrimination, disability discrimination, pregnancy discrimination, constructive discharge, and sexual orientation discrimination.
Hundreds of annotated abstracts from prior years (2000-2022) are available for download.
Thank you for your ongoing support of this product, as we at MCLE continue our efforts to bring you the latest solutions to the issues you face in your practice.
Very truly yours,
John M. Lawlor, MCLE Publications Attorney
- Update: November 2023
Table of Contents
Table of Contentsexpand allPart 01 expand
Massachusetts Statutes and RegulationsBuy ChapterPart 02 expand
Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD)— Selected MaterialsBuy ChapterPart 03 expand
Attorney General AdvisoriesBuy ChapterPart 04 expand
Federal Statutes and RegulationsBuy ChapterPart 05 expand
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)— Selected MaterialsBuy ChapterPart 06 expand
MCAD Citator 2022–2023Buy ChapterAppendix
MCAD Case Digest 2000–2023Buy Chapter
- Editors & Authors