Massachusetts Real Estate Law Sourcebook & Citator
A one-stop resource for real estate practitioners
- Product Number: 2030307EBK
- Publication Date: 2/23/2021
- Edition: 2021 Edition
- Copyright: © 2022 MCLE, Inc.
Add to Favorites List
The real estate conveyancer's most indispensable deskbook, the Massachusetts Real Estate Law Sourcebook & Citator is a compendium of essential resources for both commercial and residential real estate practitioners, combining the latest statutes, regulations, and judicial and administrative resources with a citator summarizing key court decisions from the past year. The book's extensive resources include selected state and federal statutes and regulations as well as materials from the Massachusetts Department of Revenue and the Land Court. Purchasers may download the book's entire contents, along with archived citator entries since 2006, for enhanced search capability and ready access.
Update: February 2022
Thank you for updating your reference library with the 2022 edition of the Massachusetts Real Estate Law Sourcebook & Citator . This product combines the latest in real estate sourcebook materials—statutes, regulations, and judicial and administrative resources—with a case digest summarizing key court decisions. Subscribers may download the book's entire contents, along with more than a decade of archived case abstracts, for enhanced access and searchability.
Highlights from the updates for 2022 include
- tax exemptions for solar, wind, and fuel power systems;
- amended tax treatment of land used to site renewable energy generating sources;
- legislation addressing evictions during the COVID-19 pandemic and extending certain measures adopted during the associated state of emergency;
- an amendment to Massachusetts Medicaid regulations;
- a temporary extension of room occupancy excise tax payments;
- guidance from the Massachusetts Department of Revenue regarding real estate tax credits for persons age sixty-five and older;
- memoranda from the Land Court's chief title examiner addressing real estate covenants prohibited by G.L. c. 184, § 23B and court procedures following the end of the COVID-19 state of emergency;
- new standing orders from the Land Court on provisions void under G.L. c. 184, § 23B and prematurely filed complaints for certificates after death;
- amendments to the standing order describing the Land Court's electronic filing pilot project;
- amendments to regulations issued under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act and the Truth in Lending Act;
- updates to the annual poverty guidelines published by the Department of Health and Human Services; and
- abstracts of thirty recent real estate decisions of the Supreme Judicial Court and Appeals Court.
Thank you for your continued support as we at MCLE strive to bring you the latest solutions to the challenges you face in your practice.
Very truly yours,
John M. Lawlor, MCLE Publications Attorney
- Update: February 2022
Table of Contents
Table of Contentsexpand allPart 1 expand
Massachusetts Laws Relating to Real Estate and ConveyancingBuy ChapterPart 2 expand
Massachusetts Rules and RegulationsBuy ChapterPart 3 expand
Massachusetts DOR Directives and RulingsBuy ChapterPart 4 expand
Massachusetts Land Court MaterialsBuy ChapterPart 5 expand
Federal Statutes and Special ActsBuy ChapterPart 6 expand
Federal RegulationsBuy ChapterPart 7 expand
Practice GuidanceBuy ChapterPart 8 expand
Case DigestBuy ChapterAppendix
Massachusetts Real Estate Case Digest 2006–2021Buy Chapter
- Editors & Authors