Massachusetts Health and Hospital Law Manual
Business and Legal Issues
- Product Number: 2050182B00
- Publication Date: 10/24/2023
- Edition: 4th Edition 2023
- Copyright: © 2023 MCLE, Inc.
Add to Favorites List
Taking an interdisciplinary, industry-based approach, MCLE's Massachusetts Health and Hospital Law Manual presents the many business and legal issues facing health care providers, payors, and other participants in the health care industry, along with the regulators overseeing them. This comprehensive manual focuses on health care delivery in its legal, business, regulatory, advocacy and personal aspects. Practice pointers and hypotheticals provide concrete guidance as you navigate the federalization, consolidation, bureaucratization, and increasing regulation of this dynamic area of practice.
Update: October 2023
Thank you for choosing to stay current in the area of health and hospital law with this 2023 revised edition of the Massachusetts Health and Hospital Law Manual. Inside you will find new material on such topics as the following:
- Antitrust. See chapter 5 for information as to the Department of Justice's withdrawal of support, on February 2, 2023, for the DOJ/FTC Antitrust Enforcement Policy Statements in the Health Care Area that had permitted certain "safety zones" of information sharing and payor contracting collaboration between competing health-care providers.
- Fraud. See chapter 8 for recent case decisions and other information regarding criminal neglect, the protection of elderly patients, home health care, mental health investigations, and opioid-related violations.
- EMTALA Post-Dobbs. See chapter 12 for a detailed discussion of the impact of the U.S. Supreme Court's issuance of the landmark decision on abortion in Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization, 142 S. Ct. 2228 (2022), along with cites to 2023 case decisions.
- Telehealth. See chapter 13 for discussion regarding physicians' practices in prescribing controlled medications, and the DEA's proposed rule.
We at MCLE trust that you will find this revised edition useful in your practice and valuable in keeping your law library up to date.
- Update: October 2023
Table of Contents
Table of Contentsexpand allChapter 01 expand
IntroductionBuy ChapterChapter 02 expandChapter 03 expand
State and Federal Administrative Agencies Regulating Health-Care Providers and PayorsBuy ChapterChapter 04 expand
Hospital Law BasicsBuy ChapterChapter 05 expand
Representing Physicians and Other PractitionersBuy ChapterChapter 06 expand
Postacute Care: Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, Hospice, and Home HealthBuy ChapterChapter 07 expand
Fundamentals of Managed CareBuy ChapterChapter 08 expand
Federal and State EnforcementBuy ChapterChapter 09 expandChapter 10 expand
Biomedical ResearchBuy ChapterChapter 11 expandChapter 12 expandChapter 13 expand
- Editors & Authors