A Practical Guide to Estate Planning in Maine
Tested guidance—on topics from marital deduction planning to gift taxes to lifetime asset transfers and life insurance planning
- Product Number: 2130449B00
- Publication Date: 7/2/2021
- Edition: 2nd Edition 2021
- Copyright: © 2021 MCLE, Inc.
Add to Favorites List
Start here when you need authoritative and clear guidance on Maine estate planning topics, both common and complex. The chapters of A Practical Guide to Estate Planning in Maine were selected especially to address issues encountered in planning, drafting and responding to clients' needs. The authors and editors were carefully selected from a spectrum of private practices from Auburn to Waterville and Portland to Norway, to bring you their best practices, caveats, and explanations of some of the most complex concepts in estate planning law in the State of Maine.
Update: June 2021
Thank you for keeping your library up to date with this 2021 edition of A Practical Guide to Estate Planning in Maine. Inside, you will find information on topics such as the following:
- Practical steps in handling an estate planning matter. See chapter 1 for new checklists that are helpful during the initial stages of representation.
- Gift tax. See chapter 5 for updates to sections concerning present-interest gifts, gifts involving a noncitizen spouse, below-market loans, use of the chained consumer price index, and more.
- Maine pooled disability trust. See chapter 11 for new discussion of a U.S. First Circuit Court of Appeals case decided on June 20, 2019, affirming the U.S. District Court's decision as a reasonable interpretation of the Medicaid statute, relying on case law of other jurisdictions and guidance by the CMS and the Social Security Administration.
We at MCLE trust that you will find this new edition to be of use in keeping current with the laws surrounding Maine estate planning, and that this updated material will be valuable in your library and practice.
Maryanne G. Jensen, Esq., Director of Publications
- Update: June 2021
Table of Contents
Table of Contentsexpand allChapter 1 expandChapter 2 expand
Estate, Gift, and Generation-Skipping Transfer TaxesBuy ChapterChapter 3 expandChapter 4 expand
Flexible Marital Deduction Planning and Drafting TechniquesBuy ChapterChapter 5 expandChapter 6 expandChapter 7 expandChapter 8 expandChapter 9 expandChapter 10 expand
Basic Strategies to Preserve and Protect the Family BusinessBuy ChapterChapter 11 expand
MaineCare and Creditor Protection TrustsBuy ChapterChapter 12 expandChapter 13 expandChapter 14 expandChapter 15 expand
Estate Planning for Same-Sex Couples: Selected IssuesBuy Chapter
- Editors & Authors