Top 25 Critical Cases Every Employment Litigator & Counselor Must Know
Get the essential foundation you need and be on the forefront of what is trending
- Product Number: 2160088WBA
- Publication Date: 2/25/2016
- Length: 3 Hours CLE Credit Note
- Copyright: © 2016 MCLE, Inc.
Add to Favorites List
As in every area of legal practice, there are key principles any lawyer who practices employment law—whether as a counselor or litigator—must understand. The ability to recognize the important employment law issues of the day is grounded in an understanding of foundational cases and an appreciation of trending authority. Join MCLE’s all-star faculty for a lively discussion, summary, and analysis of Massachusetts and federal cases employment lawyers routinely confront involving hiring, accommodations, compensation, terms and conditions of employment, and terminations. Our distinguished panel of advocates highlights evolving issues and trends shaping the twenty-five key cases that every practicing and aspiring employment litigator or counselor must know.
Agenda & Materials
2:00 - 2:10 p.m.
Welcome and IntroductionNina J. Kimball, Esq., Kimball Brousseau LLP , Boston, Chair
2:10 – 3:15 p.m
Basic Protected-Class Discrimination LaweLecture Add to Cart
David E. Belfort, Esq., Bennett & Belfort, PC , Cambridge
- Lipchitz v. Raytheon Co., 434 Mass. 493 (2001)
- Massachusetts Elec. Co. v. MCAD, 375 Mass. 160 (1978)
- College-Town Div. of Interco v. MCAD, 400 Mass. 156 (1987)
- Thomas O'Connor Constructors, Inc. v. MCAD, 72 Mass. App. Ct. 549 (2008)
- Mole v. Univ. of Massachusetts, 442 Mass. 582 (2004)
- Psy-Ed Corp. v. Klein, 459 Mass. 697 (211)
- GTE Products Corp. v. Stewart, 421 Mass. 22 (1995)
- Sarni Original Dry Cleaners, Inc. v. Cooke, 388 Mass. 611 (1983)
- Haddad v. Wal-Mart, 455 Mass. 91 (2009)
- Stonehill Coll. v. MCAD, 441 Mass. 549 (2004)
- Flagg v. AliMed, Inc., 466 Mass. 23 (2013)
Nina J. Kimball, Esq., Kimball Brousseau LLP , Boston, Chair
Jaclyn L. Kugell, Esq., Morgan, Brown & Joy LLP , Boston
3:15 – 3:25 p.m.
3:25 – 3:35 p.m.
3:35 – 3:45 p.m.
Networking and Refreshment Break
3:45 – 4:00 p.m.
4:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Wage & Hour LaweLecture Add to Cart
- Okerman v. VA Software, 69 Mass. App. Ct. 771 (2007)
- Boston Police Patrolmen's Ass'n, Inc. v. City of Boston, 435 Mass. 718 (2002)
- Camara v. Attorney General, 458 Mass. 756 (2011)
- Smith v. Winter Place LLP, 447 Mass. 363 (2006)
- Crocker v. Townsend Oil Co., 464 Mass. 1 (2012)
- Lipsitt v. Plaud, 466 Mass. 240 (2013)
4:30 – 4:50 p.m.
4:50 – 5:00 p.m.
"Ask the Experts" Q&A Session
MCLE webcasts are delivered completely online, underscoring their convenience and appeal. There are no published print materials. All written materials are available electronically only. They are posted 24 hours prior to the program and can be accessed, downloaded, or printed from your computer.