Join leading intellectual property lawyers to analyze these hot topics in IP law:
- Whether in fashion, consumer products, or technology, looks matter. Learn about patent, copyright, and trade-dress protection for product designs and “look and feel.”
- The latest trends in IP litigation, including: (i) damages and willful infringement, (ii) post-grant proceedings, (iii) Local Patent Rule 16.6, and (iv) IP claims as a business model.
- What issues do you need to think about when licensing IP in or out, or when collaborating with another party?
- In software, what are the most critical IP issues? Hear about open source, patents, and the Copyright Office’s report on “Software-Enabled Consumer Products,” including a review of first sale, fair use, merger, scenes-a-faire, and the “Internet of Things.”
- How has the Defense of Trade Secrets Act affected proprietary information and inventions? How closely is Europe following the U.S. lead on secrets?
- Hear about state rights of privacy and publicity, state copyright for pre-1977 performances and sound recordings, and competition laws.
- Learn about the updated Antitrust Guidelines for the Licensing of Intellectual Property from the FTC and DOJ, the relevance of antitrust law in licensing, and the three antitrust safety zones.