Massachusetts Criminal Law Sourcebook & Citator 2022
The law you need in one source
- Product Number: 2220223B32
- Publication Date: 2/7/2022
- Edition: 2023 Edition
- Copyright: © 2022 MCLE, Inc.
Add to Favorites List
A wide body of frequently-needed information organized into one resource. Both prosecutors and defense attorneys will find this popular publication saves valuable time when preparing for a trial or when looking for a quick reference. Enjoy easy access to key elements of particular crimes; what the Commonwealth needs to prove to support its case; distinctions between related crimes; the lesser included offense in a given crime; available defenses; procedural requirements; key evidentiary issues; penalties for particular crimes; and sentencing options.
Update: January 2022
Thank you for subscribing to annual updates to the Massachusetts Criminal Law Sourcebook & Citator . This 2022 revised edition brings together statutes, rules, commentary, and annotations for your fast and efficient reference. The following are just a few of the many updates in the new edition:
- Part 1, "Selected Statutes," and Part 2, "Crimes, Punishments, and Proceedings in Criminal Cases," contain statutory revisions addressing significant changes to the Commonwealthâ€™s criminal laws since the last edition.
- Part 2 also features updated commentary on search and seizure law—including notes on cell site location information (CSLI), MBTA CharlieCard data, and sent text messages.
- Part 4, "Rules of the Superior Court," includes new Rule 74 regarding civil asset forfeiture.
- Part 9, "Probation and Probation Revocation Hearings," includes new case law and analysis to assist readers in understanding this area of criminal practice.
- Part 11, "Alphabetical References to Evidence," includes new entries on death certificates, juror racial bias, and feigning memory loss.
- Notes on relevant new cases decided by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court and Appeals Court since the last edition are included throughout.
We at MCLE trust that you will find this fresh material useful in your practice and in your criminal law library.
Alexis J. LeBlanc, Esq., MCLE Publications Attorney
- Update: January 2022
Table of Contents
Table of Contentsexpand allPart 1 expand
Selected StatutesBuy ChapterPart 2 expand
Crimes, Punishments, and Proceedings in Criminal CasesBuy ChapterPart 3 expand
Massachusetts Rules of Criminal ProcedureBuy ChapterPart 4 expand
Rules of the Superior CourtBuy ChapterPart 5 expand
District/Municipal Court Rules of Criminal ProcedureBuy ChapterPart 6 expand
Massachusetts Rules of Appellate Procedure and Selected Appeals Court RulesBuy ChapterPart 7 expand
District/Municipal Courts Rules for Probation Violation ProceedingsBuy ChapterPart 8 expand
Probation and Probation Revocation HearingsBuy ChapterPart 9 expand
Elements and Penalties of Selected CrimesBuy ChapterPart 10 expand
Schedule of Assessments for Civil Motor Vehicle InfractionsBuy ChapterPart 11 expand
Alphabetical References to EvidenceBuy Chapter
- Editors & Authors