Massachusetts Workers’ Compensation Sourcebook and Citator 2022
Essential sources for workers' compensation practice
- Product Number: 2222548WCH
- Publication Date: 11/16/2021
- Edition: 2022 Edition
- Copyright: © 2021 MCLE, Inc.
Add to Favorites List
The Massachusetts Workers' Compensation Law Sourcebook and Citator is an absolutely essential desk reference, packed with both federal and state primary law sources you need close at hand when appearing before the Department of Industrial Accidents—on either side of the counsel table. The sourcebook contains the full text of Chapter 152, related statutes and pertinent sections of the state code, the text of the Medicare Secondary Payer Act, and other key laws that address disability, access, privacy, discrimination. The editor and reviewer have also selected useful practice guides published by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts on injury, employer's issues, lump sum calculations, and vocational rehabilitation. Featured are guides for calculating awards for loss of function and disfigurement, a guide to using the Disability Management System (DMS), forms for every transaction at the Department of Industrial Accidents, as well as helpful sources for Section 15 petitions for third-party settlements. You'll also find the text of several landmark decisions that every workers' compensation practitioner should be familiar with—Scheffler's Case, Commonwealth v. Lanigan , Hunter v. Midwest Coast Transport, et al. , Sciarotta v. Bowen , and Jose Ruiz's Case—along with citations and summaries of recent decisions.
Update: November 2021
Thank you for purchasing the 2022 edition of the Massachusetts Workers' Compensation Sourcebook & Citator . Inside, you will find new material on such topics as these:
- DIA Guidelines. See Part 2 for the full text of DIA Guideline No. 27, which addresses chronic pain and was updated as of June 2021. The clinical guideline outlines the appropriate evaluation and treatment processes for management of chronic pain that has been determined to be work-related.
- Parental leave. Also see Part 2 for information on the Massachusetts Parental Leave Act, which expands the state's maternity leave law.
- Guidelines. See Part 4 for the full text of the revised Shoulder Injury Treatment Guideline, revised June 2021. The clinical guideline was created to outline the appropriate evaluation and treatment processes for the management of work-related shoulder injuries.
- COVID-19. Part 4 also includes information pertaining to procedures in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, including several administrative bulletins issued in 2020 and 2021, intended to assist the practitioner with a variety of procedural issues stemming from virtual proceedings and other measures related to COVID-19.
- COLA. See Part 5 for the full text of Circular Letter No. 356, which concerns cost-of-living payment and reimbursement schedules and requests, maximum and minimum weekly compensation rates, and fee schedules. Part 5 also adds several newly issued administrative bulletins.
- Significant decision. See Part 6 for the full text of a case decided on March 16, 2021, on the topic of Section 34A.
We at MCLE trust that you will find this updated material useful in your practice and valuable in keeping your law library current.
Maryanne G. Jensen, Esq., MCLE Director of Publications
- Update: November 2021
Table of Contents
Table of Contentsexpand allPart 1 expand
Massachusetts Department of Industrial AccidentsBuy ChapterPart 2 expand
Selected Massachusetts and Federal Laws, Regulations, and GuidelinesBuy ChapterPart 3 expand
Practice GuidesBuy ChapterPart 4 expand
Guidelines for Disfigurement and Loss-of-Function Under G.L. c. 152, § 36Buy ChapterPart 5 expand
Circular Letters and NoticesBuy ChapterPart 6 expand
Key Massachusetts DecisionsBuy ChapterPart 7 expand
Department of Industrial Accidents FormsBuy ChapterPart 8 expand
Tutorial on Creating Document CoversheetsBuy ChapterPart 9 expand
The Medicare Secondary Payer ActBuy ChapterPart 10 expand
Case DigestBuy ChapterPart 11 expand
Table of AuthoritiesBuy Chapter
- Editors & Authors